Adsense Ad

Monday 24 April 2017

Compile or Compile All ?


What is the best way to compile a form? Before I answer this question here are some explanations:
Compile Incremental      :         Ctrl + K
Compile All              : Shift + Ctrl + K
Compile Module (Generate):         Ctrl + T
Run                      :         Ctrl + R

In the older versions of Forms the Compile Module was known as Generate. I prefer this, because the Ctrl+T generates the FMX.

During my daily work I open forms and maintain them. If I use the Ctrl+T to generate the FMX, then Oracle Forms starts implicitly a Compile Incremental before the Generate.

And that's the problem. In 9 of 10 cases the generated FMX is OK, but sometimes the automatically Compile Incremental didn't work properly. It results in non-reproducible errors at run-time.

My solution for this problem is:

After opening a form I start immediately a Compile All. Each Incremental Compile and each Generate now works without runtime-problems.

No comments: